Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Confessions of a Textile Addict

In my paintings, one of the many fun things I do is decide what kind of patterns to decorate with! Recently I've started thinking about putting pattern on actual things, and decided to take some textile design classes. AND I have discovered a new creative avenue and I'm SO excited to dive into this creative expression....trumpets and bells here! That said, I'm not sure how this plays out yet, I'm not sure of the specifics of how this is going to happen, but I do know that I wake up every morning with a big YES, excited about what I'm going to create and terrified while learning the hows of getting it out there!  My paintings will be in my designs too, I just haven't figured that out just yet.

While I'm here, I will tell you a little about the e-course, The Art and Business of Surface Pattern Design by Rachael Taylor and Beth Nichols. I only took Module 3, and I would recommend taking all 3 Modules. I might take them in reverse. Absolutely packed with industry info, technical workshops, inspiration, real life examples, and a great community of fellow artists. I highly recommend.

Stay posted...more on this to come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carrie - I followed the link on Racheal's blog today and found you :)
( I did the course when it first started) I love your work and feel exactly the same way about my own painting and pattern design as you have said here in your post - so thanks for summing it up so well for both of us :)) Good luck, Claire.