Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

More Miss Chamois


I've been busy here at Tasman Studio, and I must've been making more noise than usual in the studio yesterday and woke Miss Chamois up from a nap. I've got half finished paintings everywhere, all kinds of books stacked up, sketches taped on the wall, it's humming.

I am readying for the Art Guild Clothesline sale that is coming up right up on Saturday, Aug 4 in Corvallis. I am also finishing up some design projects from my class with Rachel Taylor and working on some large pieces for my art shows this fall. I'm so excited about my new paintings, I can't wait to show y'all, but they are not ready yet, and I don't like to show my in-progress paintings, there is so much that happens in the studio that I don't want to subject to real or imagined public opinion. Easier to hear and follow my intuitive instincts, and let the paintings rest when they need to, for as long as they need to. So we will make do with Chamois photos and stories for now.
Love the head on the floor, looks so uncomfortable, it's one of her favorites.
Catching some sunshine.

No comments: