Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Editing


"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love or hate it, and while they're deciding, make even more art."

-Andy Warhol 


Today I got "called out" by my good friend Claire, who noticed that I said I toned down my colors in my India inspired print...editing for what I think is public consumption. So since I am practicing listening and following my intuitive creative inclinations I am posting the original colors that I love out of respect for my personal aesthetic.

Yeah, nice and zingy. 
Might be interesting to see that this complicated pattern is based on some very simple sketches. Here's my first sketch of my idea. I scanned it in and mirrored the two pieces, cleaned it up and made sure where the designs meet each other made sense and I have this. Which I work some magic on in Illustrator. Then I decided it needed the smaller piece and some random flowers, so I sketched those and repeated the process.

No comments: